Adbox

Instagram

ads

Ads

ads
Powered by Blogger.

One Month Glow Up Challenge

Followers

Search This Blog

Translate

LightBlog

Sunday, May 27, 2018

Anger

Angry women

By misspee

 It’s no secret that these days all women are striving to be independent. It’s every woman’s desire to take control of her life. All these women spear heading the fight for women’s rights have this common goal in sight.

When I talk about an enemy from within one might immediately think that I’m referring to women/men within certain feminist groups who are relentlessly fighting to sabotage this great fight but that’s not the case. Many have forfeited their freedom because of this enemy.

This dangerous enemy I’m referring to is anger. I know many women argue that it’s their rage that keeps them alive and I’m not going to dispute that. Feminists are often characterized as angry and young women often ask how they can comport themselves so they are not perceived as angry while practicing their feminism. What I want to say is that as women we should embrace our anger but we should sharpen ourselves against it.

Anger can be dangerous if not reigned in because it is on the moment of anger that the most stupid decisions are made. Murders   are committed because one is too angry to think clearly and after the act has been committed one starts to regret. I say this because I’m one of those people who almost killed someone because I was too angry to think, I wanted my revenge and I wanted it instantly. It took me almost two months to rectify my mistakes and looking back I now realize that I wouldn’t have been able to get an opportunity to post this had I carried out my plan.

Imagine how many of us react when we find out a boyfriend or husband has cheated!!!!

A large number of us think about burning clothes, throwing things or even committing heinous acts such as murder. It’s a weakness I have noticed in many women and as such it should be treated as a hindrance to our goal of becoming independent and powerful women. As a woman you should never let anger rule you the same way you don’t want a man to control you. When you feel yourself getting angry, take a deep breath and count to ten, chanting in your head how you do not want to be a slave to anger. Staying calm when someone expects a tongue lashing is one of the most satisfying thing to do trust me. It might be hard to do but once you have succeeded in doing that, you can’t help but feel proud of the way you would have handled the situation. Never give someone the satisfaction of knowing that you will get riled up if they disrespect you.

Many women who are in jail, who have lost their jobs or those who have lost the things they loved dearly, did so because they could not control themselves and if you ask them today they will tell you how they wish they could have done things differently.

Conclusively, holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone, you get burnt.
“If I’ve learned nothing else it’s that time passes and anger doesn’t do you much good. Something that seems really bad today is going to be better next week. And things you think are never going to go away soften with time. When things happen that upset me I try to do something that makes me happy.”- Stevie Nicks

Please be sure to review I would like to hear your thoughts and suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LightBlog
LightBlog