Adbox

Instagram

ads

Ads

ads
Powered by Blogger.

One Month Glow Up Challenge

Followers

Search This Blog

Translate

LightBlog

Friday, October 26, 2018

5 Things That Inspire Me Daily As A Woman


5 THINGS THAT INSPIRE ME DAILY AS A WOMAN


Ever felt like punching the walls because things are not going your way, well that’s what I experience almost every day. If I did not have the right things and the right people to draw inspiration from I probably would have crashed and burned. While I understand that life is not always rosy I make it a mission to try and live a positive life. In order for me to do that there are 5 things that inspire me daily as a woman which are:

My mother
Maybe my assessment of her may be a little biased because of who she is to me but I think my mom is the true definition of superwoman. The list of personal attributes that my mom possesses that make her an inspirational character is endless.  To her being a Christian is not the mere idea of belonging to a specific denomination or the need to have something to believe in because she takes her faith seriously. I can see that she is flawed, she has not hidden it and that is her greatest gift to me. She refuses to let disappointments weigh down on her. She understands that disappointments are a part of everyone's life that need to be dealt with. My mom always tells me that I cannot say I am living on earth if I have not experienced a disappointment of some form. What makes her character inspirational is the fact that no matter what life throws at her she always manages to find a way to pick and dust herself up, and continue to living life in the best way that she can. To me, although she may not know it, she inspires me to daily as a woman to live positively.

All strong and independent women
I am one individual who values her independence so to me all strong and independent women are an absolute inspiration. All strong women I know be it those I have read of in books, those I have seen on the internet or television leave me feeling inspired, confident and ready to tackle whatever it is that life can throw at me. Life can be mean sometimes but if you have other women to draw inspiration from you realize that you are not the first to go through whatever you will be fighting against and you have that confidence that you will emerge from the problem with your head held high. With a long list of strong and independent women to learn from I know I can go above and beyond my wildest dreams.

Those individuals that treat me badly
Ever heard the story of the farmer who wanted to bury his donkey alive. The donkey would just shake off the mud and step on top of it. The donkey continued to do that until it came out of what was supposed to be its grave. Like the donkey I appreciate all those who try to bury me alive either by discriminating me because of how I look or where I come from, dismissing my ideas as nonsense or refusing to help me. If those people did not exist then I do not know where that extra push to further pursue my dreams would come from.

My friends
A group of supportive friends is the greatest treasure that a woman can possess. If one has supportive friends then they can be assured of the lengths of their accomplishments. I have often seen women who fail to succeed in life because they had a bunch of useless friends, the kinds who are jealous of their friend’s success and would go to great lengths to sabotage their friends’ ideas and also those who cannot cheer their friends on when they are doing well. It is one thing to tell someone that you believe in them and another to act like it. As an individual, I could not be happier with the group of friends I have because they are my biggest cheerleaders and they constantly encourage me to pursue my dreams.

The movie “the greatest showman”
When I watched this movie what grabbed my attention was the song a million dreams. Going through the lyrics helped me understand that no dream is small or stupid. If you believe you are destined to be great then what other people think of you is irrelevant. The song a million dreams has become a theme song of some sort in my life because when I listen to that song all the doubts I might have in regards to achieving the goals I have set seem to disappear. I know goals are not achieved overnight and that they require persistence that is why this movie inspires me daily as a woman.

I would love to hear what inspires some of you daily so be sure to review this post. Until next time that's all i have..                                                                                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment

LightBlog
LightBlog